10x The Moon TZ1

I know I know. An old Panasonic Lumix 5 mega pixel point and shoot camera with a 10x optical zoom has no chance of getting a good close up picture of the Moon. But I've been looking at lots of Moon footage, pictures and video recently that has been taken with Nikon's and a Panasonic with excellent zooming capabilities, so its got me curious. I thought I'd see how close the Panasonic TZ1 could get. Just an experimental test. And the result. While laughable in comparison, it gives a little insight in to just how great the zooms are on the Panasonic FZ80 and Nikon big zoom bridge camera "P" series.


moon-test-lumix-dmc-tz1

Picture: The Moon at full optical zoom, which is 10x. The Lumix TZ1 can go all the way to 40x zoom if digital is applied. But that wasn't used for this picture. Maybe next time when the sky Isn't so cloudy like it is tonight and there's a full moon I'll try. Digital zoom was off at the time of taking this pic, and it never even crossed my mind at the time to turn it on. It was late. The Moon @ 10x optical with the TZ1 just looks like a white ball of light. Hehe.




No comments:

Trending...