Picture: A Newer Style Phone Mast [5G?]

I've been seeing these newer types of phone masts popping up for a while now. Is this 5G? I don't know for sure, but when I had a look on the Nperf mapping system, which shows where 5G is live all around the world. This location [first picture], which is Chester Road on the edge of Castle Vale Estate, Birmingham, UK shows as active on the map [highlighted purple]. Newport road also, which is practically part of Chester Road as they are joined.

New_5G_Tower_Chester_Road_Birmingham

This mast is situated on a public pathway. Whoever needs to walk this way, and this is a busy area, especially for people travelling to work on foot and on bikes [lots of businesses / industrial estates down this way, including Jaguar Land Rover]. Unless people are on the opposite side of the road, they must pass directly underneath this mast.





I presume this is a 5G tower. I've also seen this type of mast sometimes accompanied by a white or black pole, which is also a phone mast of some kind. I think I have a picture of that somewhere as well, so will add it to this post if I can find it. These newer style masts [see an older one] appear to have a protective thin metal, almost mesh-like covering all the way around the top. Is this to give the mast some added security due to a lot of masts getting attacked and burnt down over the last few years. It could also be to prevent birds from damaging them. I'm not sure.

Pair_Phone_Masts_Different_Types

A pair of very different looking masts very close together in Castle Bromwich, Birmingham.


If you want to look at your location to see how far or close you are away from 5G, take a look at the Nperf map system. Apparently its very accurate. There's also options to search for 3G and 4G coverage. For 5G, I believe the deeper the purple is on the map, the stronger the connection.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ドコモ通信障害

Trending...