Red Tailed Hawk Photos UK

Recently, I took the Samsung WB500 out for the first time and ended up getting some decent images. On my travels I ended up coming across some people who were out training their birds of prey. One bird was a Red Tailed Hawk, and the other was a Northern Goshawk. Just walking along and then bang, out of nowhere, coming face to face with these magnificent birds, it was quite surreal at the time.


I'm no expert on bird species, and only just found out the second bird was a Goshawk through the expertise of someone else. The owner of the bird, who had a foreign accent, did tell me the species but I couldn't remember what he said after we parted company. Anyway, it turns out the Goshawk is possibly from Germany or Finland and that does make sense now considering it's handler / owner spoke with a European tone.






Anyway, this post is about the Red Tailed Hawk. I got a few pictures of the bird spreading its wings. I hope you like the pictures in this post. The lowest images is the picture of the Goshawk. There are two other pictures of these birds at the link above.


After coming face to face with these birds, and admittedly being blown away by how stunning the Goshawk was (I liked the Red Tailed Hawk too), I did a bit of research on this bird and came to find out that the Goshawk can be extremely territorial. They are a force to be reckoned with. In fact, some people call the Northern Goshawk The Red-Eyed Terror! Very interesting. There are some great videos out there on this bird. I've been watching them all day!

No comments:

Trending...